Review – The Further Adventures of Porthos – the Stilton Fulfillment
A Stilton fulfillment? Don’t worry; I will explain
After The Adventures of Porthos, there was a call for a sequel.
I got the chance to provide one when the Trek BBS had a monthly challenge in December of 2012 for ironic wish fulfillment. Porthos would get what he always wanted – more cheese – but it wouldn’t quite agree with him.
The Caitian Ambassador and his family are coming to the NX-01 for dinner. The captain is anxious for everything to go right, and wants to perhaps convince the ambassador to become a more formal ally. The ambassador’s young daughter. Parenelsa, is shy and sweet, but she warms up to Porthos, who begs at the table. And so she feeds him.
And feeds him and feeds him.
The problem arises when Porthos has a reaction. That is, he breaks wind. Malcolm, who is at the dinner and is bored out of his mind, volunteers to take the dog to Sick Bay. For Malcolm, it’s also a chance to get his own treatment, as he is lactose intolerant, a revelation I first made in Intolerance.
And then the ship is attacked.
- The Further Adventures of Porthos – The Stilton Fulfillment – original posting
- The posting on Fanfiction.net
- In addition, The Further Adventures of Porthos – The Stilton Fulfillment on Ad Astra
- The posting on Fictionpad
- Also, The Further Adventures of Porthos – The Stilton Fulfillment on Wattpad
- The posting on the G & T Show Forums
- The Further Adventures of Porthos – The Stilton Fulfillment in context
The story is Rated K.
My peers agreed with me, and the story won the monthly challenge.