Review – The Honky Tonk Angel
Who is the Honky Tonk Angel? The answer might surprise you.
For a prompt about vices, I decided that the vices would, perhaps, be small ones. It would be the kinds of things that you might talk about on a first date. And so I thought of my favorite odd couple. Their first date had been mentioned but not shown; this proved to be a good opportunity to rectify that.
They go to a baseball game, and he has to help her get a cap that will fit. However, she accidentally grabs one for the wrong team. But that is more than forgivable.
After all, she’s blind.
But that hardly matters, as they have a lovely time of it. Then Kevin messes up, and calls her Josie. But Jhasi is okay with this, and finds it amusing. She then confesses that she does not always keep in touch with her family like she should, and gives up on things too soon. Kevin, to his credit, seizes the opportunity and asks her to not give up on the two of them.
Josie, of course, does not.
- The Honky Tonk Angel on Ad Astra forums
- And posted: The Honky Tonk Angel on Fanfiction.net (the Clockworks anthology)
- The Honky Tonk Angel on Fictionpad (the Clockworks anthology)
- Plus: The Honky Tonk Angel on Wattpad (the Clockworks anthology)
- The Honky Tonk Angel in Times of the HG Wells context
The story is Rated K.
I really enjoyed putting together this first glimpse into one of my favorite love stories.
Like this page? Tweet it!
You can find me on Google+.