Review – Who Shall Wear the Robe and Crown?
For a prompt about famous last words, the idea of Empress Hoshi‘s final words being ridiculous was a hard one to shake.
It is, actually, the canon launch date for the NCC-1701 Enterprise.
The scene is a sumptuous bedroom.
The Empress isn’t doing so well. She is surrounded by her family, and doesn’t always remember who’s who. She grouses about Ubvelwev, the Calafan boyfriend for her son, Takeo. She claims that Takara‘s husband, Charles Tucker IV, is polluting the Sato genome with inferior blood. Arashi is ordered to run the treasury. And she verbally abuses Izo as well.
As she lays dying, Jun and Kira agree, again, to co-rule after her death. She’s trying to say something meaningful, in Latin (the Empress is, of course, a former linguist). But the reality, in the end, is far different.
- Who Shall Wear the Robe and Crown? on Fanfiction.net
- Who Shall Wear the Robe and Crown? on Fictionpad
- Who Shall Wear the Robe and Crown? on the Ad Astra forums
- Who Shall Wear the Robe and Crown? on Wattpad
- Who Shall Wear the Robe and Crown? in In Between Days context
- Who Shall Wear the Robe and Crown? in Hall of Mirrors context
The story is Rated K.
I really loved giving the Empress her final comeuppance. I’ve used a lot of occasions to make her look ridiculous. From the mice in Brown to the changes that are made at the end of the Times of the HG Wells series, Empress Hoshi has been the butt of some jokes and often does not get what she wants. This is the last of such times.
Like this page? Tweet it!
You can find me on Google+.