The Point is Probably Moot
Probably moot? With otria, maybe.
First of all, continuing the story of Rick Daniels and the Temporal Integrity Commission‘s fight against the Perfectionists, I wanted to cover 1980s music in particular. I had to hunt around for a good historical event to ‘correct’. Furthermore, when I found the assassination of Anwar Sadat, I decided that his restoration would cause an oil price shock that would ripple through time.
Furthermore, I lived through the 1973 oil shocks and so the idea of something like that really ripping the fabric of time proved irresistible.
First of all, as the Perfectionists make sure that Sadat lives, Otra‘s visions show a global economy in ruins.
Also, oddly, Alice Trent ends up hired as a byproduct of this major change.
Further, Branch Borodin arrives in our universe as Josie, inexplicably, is also restored, just as Kevin O’Connor finally begins to emotionally heal and take his relationship with Yilta to the next level. And so Kevin is torn, and has to say goodbye to Josie all over again. His exacerbated heartbreak serves as another bit of collateral damage that arises from the Perfectionist faction mucking around in time indiscriminately.
- first of all, Rick Springfield’s Jessie’s Girl
- because I love this transition: Smokey Robinson’s Being with You
- in addition, this transition rocked: Greg Kihn Band’s Breakup Song
- also Styx’s Too Much Time on my Hands
- Alan Parsons Project’s Games People Play
- Finally, Devo’s Whip It
- The Point is Probably Moot on Ad Astra
- Also The Point is Probably Moot on Fanfiction.net
- The Point is Probably Moot on Wattpad
- In addition, The Point is Probably Moot on Fictionpad
- The Point is Probably Moot in Times of the HG Wells context
The story is Rated T.
Finally, I think my favorite part of this story comes during the moment where Kevin goes to sleep with one woman, and wakes up next to the other. That moment, I feel, becomes the big payoff for writing that series.
So do you like this page? Tweet it!
You can find me on Google+.